Taking over a county in Crusader Kings 2 can be a challenging endeavor, but with the right strategy and a bit of luck, it can be done. There are a few key steps that you’ll need to take in order to successfully take control of a county and expand your realm.
Firstly, it’s important to have a strong military force. Build up your army and ensure that you have more troops than the county you’re targeting. Once you have a sizeable force, make sure to position them strategically, such as in neighboring provinces or near enemy strongholds.
Next, you’ll need to fabricate a claim on the county you wish to take over. This can be done through various means such as sending your chancellor to fabricate a claim, marrying into a claim, or even pressing the claim of a vassal. Once you have a claim in place, you’ll be able to launch a war to take control of the county. Time your attack carefully and try to catch your opponent off guard for the best chance of success.
Overall, taking over a county in Crusader Kings 2 requires a combination of military might, strategic planning, and a bit of luck. With persistence and a willingness to adapt your strategy as needed, you’ll be well on your way to expanding your realm and achieving your goals in the game.
Choosing Your County
In Crusader Kings 2, the first step towards taking over a county is to choose the right county to target. The following factors can help you make an informed decision:
1. Geographical Location
The first step is to look for weak or vulnerable counties located near your own territories. Choosing a county close to your own will help you establish control over it more easily. Also, consider the religious and cultural makeup of the county. This can be important because it determines how easily you can move into the territory.
2. County Strength
The strength of a county is another important factor to consider. Counties with low levies, or few soldiers, can be easier to take over than those with high levies. Also, take into account the fortifications of a county and the strength of its leaders. Counties ruled by weak or inexperienced rulers can be easy targets.
3. Allies and Enemies
You should also consider the political situation of the county you’re targeting. Check if they have any powerful allies or alliances that will come to their defense if you attack them. Additionally, keep an eye on any enemies the county may have. If a county is already in conflict, it may be easier to take over as it will be busy with internal strife, and the rulers will likely have less resources available to defend themselves.
4. Long-Term Goals
Lastly, keep your long-term ambitions in mind. Choosing to take over counties that are strategically valuable in the long-term can give you an advantage and potentially lead to further expansion. For example, you may choose to target a county that serves as a bridgehead to neighboring regions that you intend to take over.
In conclusion, by considering the geographical location, county strength, allies and enemies, and your long-term goals, you can make a more informed decision when choosing which county to target for expansion in Crusader Kings 2. Remember to analyze your options thoroughly before making any decisions, and always prioritize strategic thinking over impulsive action.
Building Your Power Base
In Crusader Kings 2, building your power base is crucial if you want to take over a county and become a powerful ruler. Here are some tips to help you build your power base:
1. Secure Allies: In Crusader Kings 2, having allies is essential. They can help you in battle and provide support when needed. Make sure to forge alliances with neighboring rulers and maintain good relations with them. You can do this by offering them gifts, arranging marriages, or joining them in wars.
2. Increase Your Levies: Your army’s size is vital to your success in Crusader Kings 2 battles. You can increase your levies by building up your holdings and establishing new ones. This will give you access to more soldiers and resources, enabling you to mount more massive armies.
3. Develop Your Skills: As a ruler in Crusader Kings 2, your skills can make all the difference in how your game progresses. You can increase your skills by acquiring traits, attending events, and choosing the right focus for your ruler’s education.
4. Form Alliances and Vassals: Creating alliances and vassals is a clever way to build your power base in Crusader Kings 2. Vassals can provide you with troops and resources, while alliances can be called upon in times of danger.
5. Be Patient: Expanding your power base in Crusader Kings 2 takes time, effort, and a considerable amount of patience. Be aware of your surroundings and always be on the lookout for opportunities to expand or gain allies. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither is your kingdom.
Crusader Kings 2 How to Take Over a County
By following these tips and tricks, you can build a strong power base in Crusader Kings 2 and increase your chances of taking over a county successfully. Remember to be patient, strategic, and diplomatic, and you’ll soon be on your way to ruling the world right from your gaming chair!
To declare war on your neighboring counties in Crusader Kings 2 and take over their land, you must have a valid reason such as a claim on their land or simply a desire for expansion. Here is a simple guide on how to declare war and take over a county in Crusader Kings 2:
1. Claim a County: The first step in declaring war on your neighbor is to have a claim on their land. You can acquire a claim through inheritance, marriage, or fabricating a claim.
2. Build Up Your Army: To win a war, you need to have a strong army. Make sure to build up your army with enough troops to conquer your neighbor’s county.
3. Declare War: Once you have a claim and army, it’s time to declare war. Go to the diplomacy screen and select “Declare War” on the county you want to take over.
4. Win the War: The key to winning a war is to besiege the enemy’s holdings and defeat their armies. Once you have conquered all of their holdings, the war is won and you can enforce your demands.
5. Manage Your New County: Congratulations on your new county! Now it’s time to manage it properly. Make sure to appoint a loyal vassal as the new ruler of the county and focus on developing your new land.
With these easy steps, you can take over neighboring counties in Crusader Kings 2 and expand your realm. Just remember to have a good reason for war and build up your army to increase your chances of victory.